FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pros and Cons of UA 60k 789 Polaris vs. Lufthansa 70k A380 Business class?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:32 pm
UAflyer93

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Originally Posted by jsloan
UA's 77Ws are newer, in aggregate, than their 789s. UA waited a long time to order the 77W.

Having said that, if you can get a bulkhead center column seat on the 789, I find that more comfortable than the consensus best 77W seat (odd bulkhead window). It's less private, but I actually prefer that, as the 77W J seat is tight.

How are you getting back from FRA? If I had to choose one direction in which to spend the 110K miles, it'd be ex-FRA, because the First Class Terminal is a really cool experience.
Agreed. I find the center column bulkhead seats to be more comfortable than 1A on the 77W. I find the 77W a little claustrophobic. In any case, both seats are significantly more comfortable than LH J.

LH F is another story. 50k extra miles for LH F over UA J is definitely worth it, especially if you have to connect via FRA or MUC. Not only are the LH Senator Clubs super drab, but the car transfer makes the transfer so much more pleasant. I can’t count how many times I’ve had to run for 45 minutes from one gate to the next at FRA.