FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:39 pm
jp-mco

We’ve just finished a stay at The Lanesborough in a Buckingham Suite. Without a doubt it was the best city hotel stay I’ve ever done. In fact it was so good I’m going to have to defect from what has been my usual London home for the last 5 years at 45 Park Lane. In terms of decor the Lanesborough couldn’t be more opposite to 45PL but I absolutely love it and the service is totally on point. As we were driving away my wife turned to me and said without prompting, “Well that was in a completely different league, wasn’t it?” I’m glad we are on the same page.

In terms of the hard product - sensational. The high categories of suite at The Lanesborough are definitely the sweet spot of their product. The bathroom was a great size and had natural light, the bedroom was large with a huge comfortable super king size bed and the lounge was large and had a great layout. The whole thing just worked for us (we were staying with our 3 year old daughter). They made such a fuss of our daughter; she had a beautiful little bed with gorgeous linens, special full size bathroom amenities, a balloon, chocolate cookies with her name and a Lanesborough Lion toy. Everyone seemed to know our name and I don’t recall signing anything during our stay. The service is friendly and personable - just how I like it. Everything from our preference list was perfectly and thoughtfully done.

So we’ve found our new London home. We are currently at Coworth Park which has so far been a bit of a disaster but I’ve had a word with management and they’re trying to turn things round.