FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:15 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by teach42
It was meant to be 'round up'. But now that you put it that way.... you're absolutely right. I have no idea what that even means. This entire thing is so annoying, in paritcular since even getting a person on the phone requires 30 minutes of hold time. And twice now, after being connected to an agent, I've gotten disconnected. I'm ready to just throw my hands in the air and just say 'que sera sera"
I stand by Marriott changing how years count without any notice and that next week we will not find retroactive changes where soft landings do not count. Marriott is transparent, honest and upfront. It would be out of character for them to suddenly make this change and would result in ill will they would not want. Going forward may prove to be different, but I still do not expect changes on already past awarded years. It would be very disappointing to see a surprise like this foisted on members.