FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:12 am
teach42

Originally Posted by tods27
I don't understand the "roll up" comment at all. This is not based on time at a level, but years that you qualified for a level. If you have qualified for 9 years, it's 9 years. It doesn't matter when during the year you qualified, or how far into the current year you are (assuming you haven't qualified this year).

As for the proprietary nature of the year count (from earlier posts), this is exactly what CJKatl disagreed on a long time ago. I posited that some years (e.g. soft landings) would not count in the number of years in the LT calculation, but there is no real information on whether this would be the case or not. When they say "proprietary", that leads me to again believe that there is more than just the comped status (SPG to MR or vice-versa) that could be held out of the calculation.
It was meant to be 'round up'. But now that you put it that way.... you're absolutely right. I have no idea what that even means. This entire thing is so annoying, in paritcular since even getting a person on the phone requires 30 minutes of hold time. And twice now, after being connected to an agent, I've gotten disconnected. I'm ready to just throw my hands in the air and just say 'que sera sera"