FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:43 am
headingwest

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
6 economy flights for less than 100€, the food, the drinks, the lounges, and 6251 status miles. Great!!!

A3-633 EDI-ATH 02.08.18 economy meal
This was a night flight and the photo was taken on my smartphone, hence the poor quality. Seasoned chicken and orzo.

A3-628 ATH-LUX 03.08.18 economy meal
This was an omelette with potato and cheese, which was really rather nice.

Economy class, white wine - choice 1

Economy class, white wine - choice 2

A3-629 LUX-ATH 03.08.18 economy meal
Seasoned chicken and orzo, just the job.

A3-608 ATH-LHR 03.08.18 economy meal
Chicken and pasta with spinach and a cheese sauce. This was the best economy meal I've had on Aegean.

A3-629 LUX-ATH 10.08.18 economy meal
Chicken and orzo in a different guise.

A3-608 ATH-LHR 10.08.18 economy meal
Pasta moussaka

A few observations....

I noticed that they have 2 types of rolls, white and wholemeal. They also have 2 white wines. I wonder if the service standard is that they should ask passengers which they prefer rather than just dishing out randomly. Why else would there be a choice?

Secondly, the coffee service after the main meal seems to have been enhanced. During the 6 flights only once did they go through the cabin with the coffee/tea/water trolley, which they'd done everytime on my previous flights. I pressed the call button once to specifically ask for it on one of the flights as I always save the dessert element of the meal for eating with coffee. I hope this isn't the new standard.

That said, great flights, great service. There is no question about it, this is the best airline in Europe at the moment. ^

Last edited by headingwest; Aug 13, 2018 at 8:59 am Reason: added