View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 18, 6:34 am
deniah

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post
If in doubt, do not buy any...!
Pictures of unused luggage answers his question how?

Originally Posted by oliverbrix View Post
Been browsing this forum quite a bit and it seems most people have issues with their Rimowa suitcases? If it's aluminum it bends and scratches until it's beyond repairable and apparently the polycarbonate cases cracks?
Are there really that many issues with Rimowa's cases? or is it a louder minority making it sound worse than it is?

I bought a classic flight cabin bag recently but was looking to add a checked bag to my collection too - however after reading people's experiences on here I must admit I am not too sure if Rimowa is the right choice anymore.
Thin aluminum deforms. Inelastically. That's just characteristic of the material. Happened to all my checked pieces. Never had it reach the point of irrecoverable failure, but it's been severely beat up.
If you've seen check-in sized pieces rolling around in mint condition, it's likely to have never or rarely left the closet

I have a local service center, where they can bang out the dents same-day, or within a few days for larger repairs. If you don't have easy access to such facilities, then the 5 year warranty doesn't do much good. IMO, that should inform the buying decision.