FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:43 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by iahphx
EDIT: Looking through some blog posts, it looks like you have to book your UA tickets WITH your Chase Explorer card to get the bag benefits (unlike with some other airlines). Yikes. If this is true, I guess she needs to get her card before booking. Any expedited solutions? Any virtual cards offered?
This is probably too late to help the poster from several months ago, but I recall there was a workaround.

What you do is before you get your card, but once your account info is available on the Chase customers service portal, you send a Secure Message with some innocuous / harmless question.

In their reply, you will find your credit card number appended as part of the message tracking system. This is actually your credit card number if it has been issued.

UA.com doesn't require the 3 digit CVV, just the expiration date (I believe), and the expiration date can be pretty much guessed by the current month of your application + 2 or 3 years.

I'm not sure if this still works, but someone who is really in need of trying could report back.