FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:41 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bhrubin
it is possible that, with the Your24 being restricted to only Ambassador elites, the Your24 benefit may be better executed than it is currently under SPG. It's hard to say, but it seems there will be fewer people (proportionally) eligible for Your24 in the new Loyalty Program, perhaps making it easier to better execute and/or more likely to make it possible than has been true previously in SPG.

It will be interesting to see how the data points on the Ambassador-only Your24 benefit may differ or remain consistent in the new Loyalty Program.
Without getting into a debate over the comparative benefits of the legacy program ... I'm curious how the legacy SPG Your24 program provided better value that my experiences ...

For example, when I have a reservation in Santiago, they email me to ask if I am flying in from the US and will need a room ready when I arrive. When I fly into London, I'll usually just call on arrival but they've always made the room ready.

Seems like the only advantage to the legacy (and new) Your24 benefit is that I can confirm earlier before I arrive? Am I missing anything?