FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T Mobile Global data coverage
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:19 am
tai4de2

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Just completing a stay in London and northern Italy under the new int'l roaming regime and I have to say that T-Mobile has completely BORKED UP one of the very best features they had.

I don't have a problem with the $5/day price. The problems are
  • It is nearly impossible to actually complete the procedure to purchase a pass when on the standard 2G data that comes with T-Mobile service. Actually for me it was *totally* impossible. I tried numerous times and not once was I able to complete the process. Neither in the app nor the mobile web site (the latter of which at one point in the chain of pages has a link that doesn't actually respond to taps!). I see someone posted a direct link in this thread so maybe that would work better but for mere mortals actually buying the pass while abroad is painful without WiFi or already being on the pass.
  • Must be purchased a day at a time. And can't be purchased to target a specific start time (only a date). Seriously, who thought it would be a good idea to eliminate a workflow of great convenience when traveling, from a product feature specifically designed for travelers?
Hopefully T-Mo will bring back a way to pre-purchase multi-day starting at a specific date *and* time. Until then, I consider this feature to be much less useful than it was. Instead of being a satisfied T-Mo customer marveling at how awesome and easy it was to roam with my phone, I was cursing them under my breath for a week straight.