FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'd like my towel wet please
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2004, 9:35 pm
whirledtraveler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
I'd like my towel wet please

I was flying into EWR tonight, sitting in F and I noticed that I was a little bit apprehensive about the warm towel service. It ended up okay, but the service has been "hit and miss" lately. There's been a recurring problem that I don't quite know how to handle. Maybe other members of the forum can help me out.

I guess the first time it happened was earlier this year. I was sitting in F, getting ready for my meal, when all of a sudden an FA started making her rounds. I didn't notice the problem immediately. When I got mine it was warm enough and wet on the outside but when I started to open it up and got my fingers inside I noticed it was pretty dry. I decided not to pull it up to my face as I normally do. I was scared I would get scratched.

I would have said something at that point, but I was too embarrassed. I know that AA's FAs are professionals and they are trying the best that they can. I don't like to bring things up unless there are serious issues or they recur. Unfortunately, this problem has recurred over the year. The last time it happened, I did say something about it. I said to the FA "I'd like it wet please". She went back to the galley and did something (I don't know what) but it was moist when she came back. I tried to read her facial expression, but I couldn't. I don't know whether I was within my rights to ask for it moist or not, but at that point I was aggravated.

Yes, they call it "warm towel service", but to me the warmth is secondary to the wetness. How can we tell AA that wetness matters to some of us. But, maybe its just me. Is it?

Last edited by whirledtraveler; Jul 13, 2004 at 9:44 pm