FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Family of 4 travel: Best Travel charging system?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:12 am
arjunrc

Family of 4 travel: Best Travel charging system?

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions of a compact travel charging system. I use the word "system" because it may go beyond just a charger.

My family and I travel with the following:
- 2 Macbook Pros + 1 MB Air
- 3 iPhones
- 4 iPads
- 2 Apple Watches + 1 fitbit (with its own weird charger that has a box enclosure on the other end. smh.)

I am looking for an (as compact as possible) travel charging system that is able to juice all of the above. Lets assume we will necessarily have to carry a MBP charger and we "share" charging for all the laptops (so it takes those out of the equation). That leaves 3+4+2+1 devices.

I don't like wires sticking out from every corner and like things neat/symmetrical/organized. Any suggestions on both chargers and/or organizers and/or retractable systems that are organized, compact and can cater to our device requirements? I am therefore looking both at the ideal charging adapters + organization system + something that packs into a small form factor.

FWIW, I travel with an Anker 40W 4 port charger today and several cables. At home I use a satechi charging station which is neat. I have different cable sizes permanently attached to them to optimize the loop length from the base to the device so it looks organized too, but that station is too big (and fragile) to carry on travel.

When I travel alone, I have everything sorted out very well - everything fits into a compact charging pouch. I need charging nirvana when I travel with the family too - so before I piecemeal things together myself I'd like recommendations from folks who believe they have figured out the perfect zen system for such travel needs.

thanks

Last edited by arjunrc; Aug 11, 2018 at 10:23 am