FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn, DE [Master Thread]
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:37 am
LPCJr

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Just returned from a 5 night stay on points. This was our 3rd visit in the 4 years the property has been open.

Overall, a good stay. I have never been upgraded here. I book 2 queens partial ocean view on points, and that’s what I get, one of the side rooms in the alley. They were sold out though, so did not have expectations of an upgrade.

We arrived about 2pm and were told we could have a room immediately in the south building or wait for a room in the north building (where restaurant and pool are). We have 3 kids and my wife and I agreed that it made sense to wait for the better location. I asked if I would receive a room ready alert on the app, the clerk said no, but took my cell and said she would call me. Well, 4pm rolls around and no alert or call. I go back to the front desk and speak to someone, and the room was ready (who knows for how long). That was frustrating the the first employee did not follow through on contacting me (I’m unsure why they could not just issue a room ready alert, which is what could have avoided us waiting unnecessarily).

hotel has made some improvements to the kids activities, they now have a room set up with games and toys that is open during the day. They have also started checking names at the restaurant on busy mornings, which I don’t mind. It sounds like they may have had people sneaking in.

i asked for a 1pm checkout and was given that without issue. I ended up checking out a little before 12, and confirmed with the front desk clerk that I intended to keep the car in the garage until no later than 1. She said fine, no problem. Get to car a little before 1 and there’s a nasty warning note on it about how my parking permit is expired and they will tow my car if I don’t move it. They didn’t tow my car, so no harm done to me, but that reeks of VERY poor communication between the front desk and whoever is monitoring the garage. They surely have lots of Golds and Plats getting late checkouts and therefore staying in the garage after 11 am.