FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Drinking Alcohol on Board Emirates Flight to Dubai - Wise?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:53 am
bitterproffit

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Getting into a so-called heated verbal altercation, while appearing drunk, against a US CBP employee over a matter of admission at a US airport of entry has sometimes resulted in arrest and detention behind bars for days and days. And as has becoming obvious to more, the US DHS does forcefully separate parents from young children at times and even hold them behind separate lock-ups. At least this mom at DXB was detained with her young daughter.

DXB passport control seems to be no worse than US passport control. The CBP, like some of its DXB equivalents, can be very hostile to being filmed by passengers.

But she isn't from the United States. And it didn't happen in the United States. And I never mentioned the United States. I mentioned a civilized democracy.

So, I am still completely confused why people keep responding about what would happen in the United States. How is that valid to my point?

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Do you know what a theocracy is? Dubai is not a despotic theocracy. It’s despotic in ways, but it’s no theocracy.
It is a federation of monarchies that uses a legal system based upon Islamic law.

If it quacks like a duck.....

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 12, 2018 at 9:51 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function