FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi suspends USA Prestige card applications August 2018
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:59 pm
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
You mean garbage transfer partners that fly internationally? The TY program isn't useful to anyone who lives in the U.S unless they want to fly on foreign airlines or go through the hassle of using alliances to book.
Like others have said, if you don't feel like putting in some legwork, then maybe TYP isn't for you. What's wrong with flying on foreign airlines? I'd generally take that over the US3 all else being equal. I can't speak for others but I've found great value in transferring to Virgin Atlantic to fly on ANA to Japan, or transferring to Etihad to fly on ANA, Brussels Air, Asiana, and AA (and at far lower cost than AA aadvantage miles). But hey if this game was easy then everybody would do it, which is why I'm kinda glad it isn't. The more digging you do and more you invest, the better your award outcomes. I mean after the CSR came out everybody and their Mom can transfer to United, but that doesn't mean it's the most efficient way to book Star Alliance awards. @:-)

Now I'm not saying all of Citi's transfer partners are great, far from it, but with their 24 month rule and my organic spend I really only need a couple useful transfer partners and Citi has them.