FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:16 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
@phltraveler, you have laid out your case about why you think Marriott should make the change and your interpretation of statements that makes you think there may be change. What you have not done is offer a single piece of proof that there will be a change. We will not know until Marriott announces the rules for the new program. The facts, nobody can remember which blogger started this rumor and the blogger has apparently taken the post down - nobody can find it now - give me pause.
On the contrary, @phltraveler did offer evidence: the New Loyalty Program Rewarding Events page at https://members.marriott.com/rewarding-events/.

• Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights when you book your first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.
  • Plus, you’ll earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights you book — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.
That you don't want to subscribe to his or my interpretation of that evidence is your prerogative.

But both he and I both did offer that as evidence and indicated how that is different from the previous Marriott Reward wording. The current Marriott Rewards group/events terms and conditions do not articulate any difference for a "first" meeting as this new wording does. You don't accept that because it doesn't include the word "only" as you've indicated many times. We believe the "first" wording accomplishes the same intent as what you need to hear with "only."

A blogger's rumor has nothing to do with his or my interpretation here. To me and him, it is perfectly obvious that the new program will provide ONLY the 10 elite nights for the FIRST meeting--and no meetings beyond that. You need only; we got the meaning with first.

If it weren't as we are suggesting, it would have stated that you "Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights when you book A meeting." It doesn't because Marriott is going to limit the 10 elite nights to just the FIRST meeting, not a meeting or any meeting.

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 10, 2018 at 1:26 pm