FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DEN - SFO via LAX or PHX?
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:47 am
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I vote for PHX. Not sure what advantage LAX has in this situation. And I would take the Eagle flights over any mainline flight anyday given the option (Not sure some's aversion to the 'small planes' -- they offer quicker boarding, deplaning, and honestly I think there is a little more room in the shoulder-head area if you are next to the window in coach).

And if AA is your only airline you go for status on, I would do the short layover and earn the needed mileage vs flying direct on UA and having to figure a mileage run on AA later. The last thing I want to do (ever) is spend a day and money doing nothing but mileage running; and AA's 'buy up' rates usually offered at the end of the year are rather pricy.

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
  • Go for PHX and yes AA awards 500 EQMs if you already have elite status,
(I always got 500 EQMs minimum before I got any elite status. My family members have no elite status and always get credited the 500 EQM minimum. I really don't know why AA describes this as an "Elite member" benefit vs simple an Aadvantage member benefit)

Last edited by MarkOK; Aug 10, 2018 at 7:53 am