FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Domestic V QF Domestic
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:50 am
flyer200

BA Domestic V QF Domestic

Next in my occasional series on BA v QF we move to Domestic.

I won't compare with a specific BA domestic flight as that's not really comparable but the flightI am referencing was BNE - SYD in Y, 90 minute flight, akin to Amsterdam I suppose. We are doing a bunch of QF domestic so I hope the comments reflect that.

So let's view this as Euro traveller V QF domestic.

In a nod to the illustrious @Raffles I will include the pre flight aspects
  • Checkin / Bag drop / security
    • Fully electronic bag drop with QF, equivalent to first wing for myself as Gold, excellent care for my less abled wife, super fast and straight to the lounge
    • Winner QF (marginally)
  • Special assistance for my wife
    • This can be hit and miss with BA but usually good, QF were great incluiding getting an 'ambassador' for boarding.
    • Winner Draw
  • Lounges
    • I'm confused by the QF business lounges v QF club lounges domestically but we went to the business lounge and it was better than BA GC but GF would surpass for me. Will give this to QF as they don't fuss about number of guests, so family of four were through no drama. The lounge was super. Great selection of food and drinks and super spacious.
    • Winner QF (Ba would win if all pax had access to GF)
  • Plane
    • 737 on all the QF flights so far, fine in my opinion. If you are in J they have dedicated, larger seats. Probably marginally better than our 319s/320s
    • Winner draw
  • CC
    • No point in faffing around here, it's BA, it's always going to be BA
      • Winner BA
  • Food / Beveredges
    • BA BOB
    • QF warm snack (pork rolls) and soft drink - no emerald alcoholic drink offered (this is very hot and miss and I'm too polite to ask)
    • Winner QF
  • IFE
    • BA none
    • QF streaming APP is awesome, download app in advance to your ios/android device then stream all sorts of movies and TV - this is the future, really great
    • Winner QF
Overall whilst Long haul on QF is something I am not looking to rush back to their domestic is pretty great. I wish we had a few of those little enhancements on BA like food and the QF streaming app.