FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris - New Business Class seats & inflight service {Archive}
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:24 pm
xtremeski2001

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Originally Posted by SS255
I was on SFO-FRA (UA 58) yesterday, which got delayed by over an hour because they forgot to clean the plane. (I'm not sure if they actually forgot to clean the plane, but the cleaning crew was MIA at boarding time even though the inbound aircraft had landed 4 hours prior.) When we finally boarded, there were no slippers on our seats. The FA's checked, and no slippers had been boarded. One of the FA's insisted that slippers are only guaranteed on flights of 12 hours or longer. I seem to recall that it's only the pajamas that have the 12-hour length requirement, and that slippers are supposed to be on every seat for every Polaris flight.

I'm not going to complain, but if I get a survey from UA I'm going to mention this. I just want to make sure that I'm right and the FA was wrong, so would appreciate the confirmation.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...laris-FAQ.aspx

Here's what it states (emphasis mine)

United Polaris inflight experience

How does United Polaris service provide better sleep in flight?

We've paid close attention to the details that matter when it comes to getting a good night's sleep.

Seat features

Our new United Polaris cabins feature forward-facing, direct-aisle-access seats that recline flat, providing sleeping spaces that are up to 6 feet 6 inches (198.12 cm) long and up to 23 inches (58.42 cm) wide. In locations where two seats are next to each other, there's a powered privacy divider so you can easily tuck yourself away and forget that there are other travelers nearby. We've even included an illuminated “do not disturb” sign that lets you signal to your flight attendants that you'd prefer not to be awakened.

Bedding

In a first-of-its-kind partnership, United has worked with luxury goods department store Saks Fifth Avenue to create custom bedding designed to provide the best sleep in the sky. Because temperature is crucial to sleeping soundly, we give you the choice of two different blankets — a quilted duvet and a lighter throw blanket — for the perfect amount of warmth. Mattress cushions are also available upon request.

Dining

We provide several dining options so you can choose the right time and pace for your meal. We're proud to offer our chef-redesigned, multi-course inflight dining experience, with each element presented in its proper order once the flight reaches altitude. If you're eager to get as many hours of rest as possible, you can choose to enjoy a seated meal in the United Polaris lounge before your flight so you can go right to sleep in the air. Or if you'd prefer to eat in flight but don't want to wait for each course, you can opt for our Express Dining service and receive a single tray with your full meal all at once, at the time of your choosing. For those midflight cravings, we offer self-serve snacks and beverages that you can grab at your convenience.

Amenities

When curating our selection of United Polaris amenities, we put a strong emphasis on sleep. Cozy slippers are perfect for quick trips out of your seat or just standing and stretching. In your amenity kit, we provide premium sleep mist and skincare items from Soho House's Cowshed Spa to keep you relaxed and refreshed. And ear plugs and an ergonomic eye mask ensure that you can block out any ambient distractions while you doze. On flights longer than 12 hours, we also offer 100% cotton pajamas upon request.