FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:32 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by walterj
I got the 7-10 days screen for the first time, three weeks ago, I applied on a Thursday and I got a call on my answering machine, the Tuesday after, 5 days later. The message consisted of a telephone number, a reference number and security code. They asked a few questions confirming my identity and expressly asked if it was I who applied for the card. It was then approved.
My DW applied a day later and got 7-10 days screen. Five days later she was automatically approved by email. If you read the thread, this 7-10 screen without a call back number is relatively new; a few other people with 7-10 days screen, tried calling and were told to wait. So, I would wait a week and call only if you don't hear anything. I think the 7-10 day screen very likely indicates an approval.
Originally Posted by fredc84
This just happened to me 5 minutes ago. The guy confirmed who I was and then told me a letter was on the way that would tell me what info they needed. I had used the number Ike Esq provided. Oh, I applied on Jul 31st, so about 10 days ago.
Thanks for the input. Yes, I read back last night.
Your post, SeeBuyFly and Bobert24 all have reported the same, recent scenario, started from Post 2049 by SeeBuyFly.
The best strategy now seems to just wait it out, pretty much like handling Chase apps.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 9, 2018 at 12:59 pm