FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I travel with my new US passport that has the wrong place of birth?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:33 am
geometry

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Data entry errors do happen, do get missed and don’t always get fixed as fast as they should. But this isn’t likely to cause a major problem for most.
OP here... like I said in my original post, I admit that it was partly my fault for picking the wrong country in the State Dept passport application down-menu. (but I think they deserve at least 5 or 10 percent of the blame for not catching the mistake when they received the form in the mail... but that's a discussion for another day )

Anyway, I discussed with the passport agency and they said it would be very simple to correct. I wouldn't even need to provide any documentation, since all of my previous US passports have the correct country of birth listed. The only issue is that they would have to charge me the stand passport renewal fee, since I freely admitted to them that it was my mistake. (grandma was right when I was a kid... "keep you mouth shut and don't volunteer information and admit nothing")

I have since used the passport with wrong place of birth and nobody seemed to care that I had become Swiss, probably because nobody wanted to mess with a neutral country?

Should I wait until the next generation of US passport to come out to correct this? Since the new one is supposed to come out this or next year anyway, there's no sense in paying three times, right? (once when I got the one with the passport with wrong place of birth, another one to correct it, then again to replace it with the new design passport)