FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage allowance on SWISS intra-Europe flight with United-issued award ticket
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:10 pm
tomst

Baggage allowance on SWISS intra-Europe flight with United-issued award ticket

Suppose I go ahead and book an intra-EU one-way award ticket issued by United but operated by SWISS (e.g. ZRH-WAW for 8k miles + surcharges). United nicely shows me the baggage charges on the booking page, showing $0 for 1st bag and $100 for 2nd bag, regardless of status (it shows the same charges for General members as well as Premier Platinum, which I am). Unfortunately the forum doesn't allow me to post a screenshot, but it's on their "Review trip itinerary" page.

- Is the baggage allowance United is explicitly showing me here accurate? I'm UA Premier Platinum, but it lists the same charges for general members.
- I'm not seeing the $100 fee for a second bag on SWISS' excess baggage page (sorry forum won't let me post URLs), where does this come from?
- According to United's booking page, the first bag is free but the second is paid. If this is an Economy Light fare, I would expect to pay for both bags. However, if this isn't an Economy Light fare, then I would expect to have two bags free as a Gold member. What kind of product am I booking here?
- Who is accountable if I show up at the airport and they will try and charge me for a bag?