FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:38 pm
nick793

Wanted to follow up on my saga of trying to get a 5N package. Called and the first rep told me that I needed to be an MVC owner. I politely told him my dad was one and it would be ok to transfer MR if that's what I needed. He got far enough along and came back telling me that he was having issues moving the MR from one account to the other and that he would make an exception and book it on my end. Was on hold and hit a deadzone...disconnected.

All other reps just keep telling me 'no you're not an owner', which I understand even if I think the policy is ridiculous (family already owns one timeshare, they would have me buy another just to book this thing). Some told me point transfers were not allowed.

Fast forward to today and I figure I'll give it one more shot. The rep asks me which package and I told her, she happily went off and booked it no questions asked. I get an email after I hang up to find she booked a 7N package instead of a 5N...

​​​​If I have my dad on the phone with me, is there any way to reverse this and transfer the cert to him? I think the miles are too far gone at this point and couldn't be cancelled but I'm generally pretty bummed that I now have a 7N cert I know I won't use fully.

I doubt I could "upgrade" the cert to 5N, but figured I should ask if anyone here has gone down this particular rabbit hole before?

TL;DR: I'm dumb and accidentally booked a 7N I didn't want in quest for 5N. Trying to figure out if "upgrading from 7 to 5 is a thing I could attempt"