FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:01 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hockey7711
I'm tracking UA 58 since I'll be taking it next week.
It usually parks at the A or Z gates if I remember correctly.
Tuesday the United app said the gate was V168*
Anybody know what that is?
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
V gates are remote ones as the pic in IAH-OIL-TRASH's answer so clearly demonstrates.
Quite a few early morning UA arrivals get a remote gate.
It's rare that I've not had one ... and been bussed to the terminal.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ional-fra.html
I've no idea why UA publishes the exact remote parking position since it's not much use to passengers. If you want to know which bus gate passengers are driven to, check flight status on LH.com or LH app by the route or by the LH flight number (UA58 = LH9053).

All UA58 arrivals between August 7 and 10 have been or are planned to be AEUW. AEUW is actually on the lower level of A concourse (gates A6-10) which is used at certain times of the day as non-Schengen bus arrival area from 'clean' countries such as the US and the UK. Passengers arriving at AEUW are treated the same as if they arrived at Z gates without the need to walk a long distance to passport control or clear security if connecting to flights departing from A or Z gates.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 9, 2018 at 1:09 pm Reason: clarification