FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let’s talk about alternatives to the SPG Amex after the massive Marriott devaluation
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:53 am
ckelly14

Originally Posted by Mileage Fanatic
Is there a case to keep using the SPG business for the bonus spend on restaurants, gas, cell/phone, and shipping?

They are running a 100k bonus (higher than the Marriott Business card equivalent) til 10/31. So maybe a play there.

I’ve been spg personal since ‘99 and as much as I hate it can’t seem to justify keeping it in the wallet. It’s my oldest credit history so keeping it around and the hotel stay should cover it.

Still like to accumulate hotel points so looking at the SPG business card to see if that could work and keep earning points via their bonus categories only (mainly dining and gas).

Thoughts?
This is what I'm doing. I have had 2 business cards for 7 years and plan to use them for bonus spend.

The bottom line is I'm still planning to stay at Starwood, and UR points aren't a great value there. However, you bet I will dabble in other chains and my loyalty to Starwood is on thin ice...