FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:32 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I purchased 2 packages on July 28, one for AS and one for UA. Agent told me 2 weeks for AS miles to post and 3 days for UA. I still haven't received my UA miles, but surprisingly the AS miles are in my account. Not sure when they posted as I haven't been checking and they are back dated to July 28.

I called Marriott to ask about the UA miles. They said as far as they can tell, they were transferred to UA and I needed to follow up with them. I called the 1K desk and the agent told me they had some issues with transfers on July 28/29 but the person who is in charge of looking into that is away, so she asked me to wait until the weekend. If the points haven't posted by Monday, I am to call back.

I think my biggest fear with these certs is that Marriot will convert them into equivalent certs at the new level, and we won't have the opportunity to cash them out anymore. I find it difficult enough to use 1 cert. Now I have 4!
AS miles post the next week's Wed if your redemption is made before the cut off time by Friday the week before. Hence it depends on when one redeems - if one redeems on Sat. he would wait till the Wed the following week to see his miles, probably the longest possible wait.
UA should not take more than a few hours or even an overnight, in the normal time. There are known issues on the July 28/29 that you got caught in. At least they are aware and may manually post those that are currently hung up in the system.
We have enough to redeem 5 TPs but we only redeemed 2 and keep the certs as floaters as of now. On the new charts I see enough properties we would / could use in upcoming year, that their pt level actually go down. So we keep our pts for hotel stay as already have enough miles to accommodate us thru 2020 or beyond when here in US there are still avenues to collect miles at reasonable rates (but not for hotel points) No reason to pile any more miles.