FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA Tales for 2018 on AA
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:16 am
LovePrunes

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
Would've been awesome if AA pulled the FA and the result was the flight being canceled due to crew shortage. The guy would've really proved his point there.
FA should have pulled the "I don't feel safe" phrase and had the pilot come out and reprimand the CK on ego trip.
Certainly when a CK calls to complain about something they note the account, and if it's trivial like where to store his luggage, then HOPEFULLY they can somehow subjectively figure that in for whether he remains CK next year.

Right after a recent AA flight I was riding a shuttle for a 90 min ride to a nearby city. We were waiting for what turned out to be a VERY demanding DYKWIA elderly lady with a "service dog" It was definitely not a service dog, and she was definitely an unpleasant person in general. The woman caused us to be 15 mins late departing because she couldn't find the pickup location. Dispatch was telling the driver she was close, and she eventually showed up with a mangy small terrier dog on a leash, several wheeled suitcases, in the same hand as the leash, and talking loudly on her phone. As she approached, she was yelling at the driver. I was sitting in the front passenger seat.

She proceeded to ignore the instructions of the shuttle driver who asked her to put the dog in her carrier before allowing the dog in the van, and literally yelled at him for not walking 500 yards down the sidewalk to help her "because I'm an old lady." This driver is supposed to know where this lady is standing, what she looks like, and that she's his passenger?
She told him loudly he wasn't doing his job correctly, that she was calling the company to report him, and that he'd be hearing from her **lawyer** for not helping her with her luggage. She then unzipped the dog carrier and let this mangy little rat dog climb all over the other passengers (who had this "are you freaking kidding me?" looks on their faces, while she got on the phone and demanded a manager speak with her about the driver.

Lesson: Some people are just grumpy d-bags, CK or not. Elite status for these people does to their normal horrible attitudes what alcohol does to sloppy drunks: brings out the worst qualities that are already there.

I told the driver loudly, so the obnoxious DYKWIA passenger could hear, "If your boss needs to know the other side of the story, give them my name and number."

The driver's phone rang after 10 minutes, it was his boss, who talked for 5 minutes then asked to have the phone handed to the woman. She refused to talk to the transport company. Eventually the driver pursuaded her to talk, since she's the one who started this mess, and from the old grumpy lady's answers, you can imagine how things went. This is what we heard in the shuttle.

"No, I do not wish to be dropped off by the side of the road."
"Yes, I will keep the service dog in the carrier"
"Yes, I will follow the directions of the driver"
"No, I have no more questions."

After hanging up she kept complaining but the van full of passengers had a good laugh at her.