FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rejected for China visa, does it hurt/indicate my chance for TWOV?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:05 am
martinp13

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Rejected for China visa, does it hurt/indicate my chance for TWOV?

Submitted my China visa paperwork through an experienced friend in Houston, but it was rejected and required an "interview". I went the Houston Consulate for it, and after talking to three people there, it was revealed I needed to fill out 2 additional pages (work details plus all foreign travel in the last three years) and have an interview, then it would take two months to get my visa since they would have to send it all to China for review. There's only a month before my trip, so I think my only option is TWOV.

I asked at the Consulate the reason for the extra scrutiny but they wouldn't elaborate. The passport is relatively new: Iraq visa (work trip last year), stamps in and out of Dubai going to and coming from Iraq, stamps for Heathrow and Mexico.

My flights are good (DFW-PVG-NRT, 2+ days in Shanghai). I have a hotel in Shanghai. Not worried about the routing or the basic requirements of TWOV.

So, my questions:
Will I be able to get TWOV at PVG (will they have the same "reservations" with my passport)?
What happens if I can't get in? Can I buy an "immediate" ticket to NRT and continue my trip without exiting PVG?
Any suggestions?

Many thanks!