FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:42 am
LWT3

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
I applied for a personal plat using a mailer. Got approved and received a confirmation letter for the signup bonus.
Unfortunately, some loser stole the card from my mail and tried to use it. Citi fraud caught it and closed the account. Citi will send me a new card with a new number.
Will I still get my signup bonus with this new account? I am planning to SM Citi to confirm after I receive the card, but just want to see if anyone here experienced similar situation. Thanks.
Yes, you will get the bonus. They will give you a new card number, but they recognize it as the same account with the same account terms, including promotional bonuses. Once I was approved for a personal card, and it took forever to arrive in the mail. I waited three and a half weeks for it to hit my mailbox and then finally called to tell them to cancel it and re-issue me a new card, thinking the original had been stolen or permanently lost in the mail. Murphy's Law was in effect as the card arrived two days after I called to cancel, but the point is that I received the bonus on the new card when it arrived, and I did not have to call in. But if it gives you peace of mind, there's no harm in sending an SM to confirm the bonus offer is attached.