FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tourist visa shot down because of Turkish/Jordan Stamps?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:15 am
Redwood839

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Tourist visa shot down because of Turkish/Jordan Stamps?

Soo,

I went yesterday to our consulate here in Costa Rica and handed in my application which was fully prepared and had all the needed information, even a letter explaining why our itinerary was multi stop and our entry/exit points. I handed two applications, one for my wife and one for myself.

It looks like my wife was put as the main applicant as she got a call about 2 hours later from the consulate asking if we had been in Turkey and Jordan. She answered yes to both but mistakenly said she didn't remember when we were there (baby crying while on the phone). From what she told me the chinese lady speaking in spanish seemed confused and kinda cringed when she told her we had been there for tourism. I really wished she would have told her we went to Jordan for Petra/Wadi Rum etc and were only in Turkey on a mandatory TK 24 hour lay over and just did a free tour they offered, but she didn't. They never called me.

I personally have entry stamps into Iraq, Kuwait, Egypt, UAE and Suadia in my passport, so I think I'm worst off.

So, yes maybe jumping the gun but wasn't inspired confidence by the call and that my wife thought she wasn't happy about it. I was told to go get my passport in a week when I showed up so I thought all was well. We're Costa Rican's after all, our biggest ethnic group here apart from being a native CR (whatever that is) is Chinese. We're loved by everyone, never thought we would be facing rejection.

Unfortunately 80% of my trip is already booked, never thought I'd get denied a visa for a 3 day trip.

Any experience with a similar situation? How quick can I reply? I got 3 months until my trip starting today.