FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:37 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Yannisb
-Should I involve a third party to manage the claim? I did some research online and apparently I would be eligible for compensation (other than the Eurostar ticket) based on my rights stipulated in EC261/2004.
-Are BA likely to pay for the Eurostar ticket, since it was my choice to purchase it and not accept the new flight option?
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Yannisb, I hope we will see you elsewhere in the forum, it's a great place to improve your travel experience.

I don't see the point in involving a third party company with your claim, they can't save you any work, and so it's just like you giving some law firm a charity donation frankly. But if it was ATC related - this was the day after the Heathrow problems and I seem to recall Eurocontrol was very busy on 19 July - then there is no compensation, that would be extraordinary circumstances. Still you should apply, just in case there were other factors involved, and you can do that yourself using the process at the top of the thread.

For the Eurostar ticket, you can either have the refund on the air ticket (which may then cover the Eurostar) or you can pursue BA for the Eurostar ticket but not have the air ticket refund. The latter case is not always easy to achieve but if the BRU agents were unable to rebook then you have a fairly strong case.