FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points-Obsessed Travelers Are Terrified of Losing Perks
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:13 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I usually stay above 90 nights/year. However, some of the nights come from multi room night credit. Without that feature, the count will drop to around 60-70. Still can reach platinum at the new program.

Since I cant get SPG/Marriott co branded card, the earning reduction wont affect me at all.

The only possible concern I can think will be:
1. Since there will be another distinct tier above plt (plt premier at 75 and above) would it means for plts, they will be put into lower priority in terms of upgrade?

2. The loss of multi room nights credit. Without that feature, I might shift the excess stays to different chain. I feel its pointless to do matress run for more than 5 nights/ year.
At 95nights, I will be definitely tempted to gain extra 5 nights for plt premier with ambassador. But at 60 nights, doing extra 15 nights for plt premier is not that appealing to me. Might as well try other hotel for those 10 nights above 50.

Personally, I wont be worry too much about the merge. Most likely will continue staying at Starriotts hotels and keep looking for better programs with footprint that I require
Don't forget that going forward, PPwithAmbassador will require not only 100 nights but also $20,000 in eligible spend, however that's defined.