FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn down a really good job if the travel policy was all Y?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:00 pm
jfallesen

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by waldorfmuppet
To complicate things I am on the large side, and have high blood pressure (well controlled with a low dose of pills) and borderline diabetic. (Yes - I realise I should do things with my lifestyle but that's complicated right now and this policy has been foisted on me).

Any ideas what I should do? Ask my GPs opinion on whether it is safe or just put up with it?
My company has an all economy policy. However, they are not completely inhumane.

In a case like this, they would never force me to go on a trip like that – nobody would question me if I booked a hotel night on both sides of the meeting day.

Furthermore, due to a back issue I cannot sit squeezed into an economy seat for a long period of time. I have a GP letter advising me to travel in PE for flights over two or three hours and we have a procedure where this can be raised with HR which will then put this information on your travel profile. So despite the policy, I have the option to book LH flights in PE – but of course still within the company policy of cheapest reasonable flights and preferred carriers.

Definitely worth checking with HR whether a similar option would be available to you, possibly requiring a doctor's letter.