FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:16 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nomad420
Just curious about the potential issue of shifting from as you suggested row 9 to 23 for example. With the updated and supposedly now accurate seat chart that row (23) is not E+ (and for that matter not an exit row) would that passenger not have a legitimate complaint at checking in? I know I would not be happy and given from what I see I could very easily do just what you suggest may have happened.
Row 23 in new configuration is E+ exit row. In old, it's E, non-exit. I'm not sure what happens if there's a a/c swap. Premiers are probably on their own to monitor seats and make sure they have the seats they want. In this case, if they switched out of 9CD into row 23 before the latest a/c assignment, I think they're screwed unless they catch it themselves. If they were customers who actually bought E+ seats, and moved to 23, I would think/hope that UA would proactively assign them E+ seats after the lastest swap.