FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:21 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1984SW
This is my first time a actually doing a SDC, but I've looked at it in the past and I *think* the format on the app is different than before. I was forced back on to the new united.com web site after several weeks of enjoying the old "classic" website.
It's generally necessary to call to do an SDC when there are two or more stops remaining on the trip you're trying to change. The "Change Flights" link on the website generally doesn't support SDC properly, and the "real" SDC link -- which appears during the check-in process, and from the "Travel Options" link on a checked-in reservation on the app -- generally won't appear in these situations.

Also, it can often be challenging (in the app / online) to SDC to a flight you're already on, if that's what you were trying to do. If you were trying to get back onto the same IAH-MID flight you already had booked, often that option won't appear and you'll have to call.

I don't know why the UA agent was running into problems helping you, but I don't think there's a change here.