FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Layover in Lisbon
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:44 am
Palal

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Dtownboogie1
Thanks for the reply - that's great info. I'm spending a couple of days in Lisbon after PDL, so I was thinking of heading somewhere else on the day of my layover.
If this is in August, I'd recommend against doing anything with a rental car - lines to pick up a car are about an hour long, depending on the day. Use uber or public transport.

Setúbal is more than doable. Commuter trains every 10 mins during rush hour from Areeiro station (5 min uber ride from the airport) and 30-60 min off-peak. What you'd do there is another matter. It's a nice little town, but there are few attractions to speak of. I much prefer Sesimbra if you want a day to chill in a beachside town with good seafood, but Sesimbra is not as easy to get to.

You can always do Sintra-Cabo da Roca-Cascais - get it out of the way now and spend more time in LIS later, or come back and finish what you didn't finish.

Óbidos-Peniche-Nazaré is also doable with a car, but you'll lose an hour picking one up (leave an extra 30-40 mins on the return to get back to the terminal).