FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2018
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:18 pm
zippy the pinhead

IC CoEx Seoul

Stayed in the IC CoEx Seoul in June 2018. We requested adjoining rooms, and they were able to grant this request. The staff was very kind to us, we were grateful.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
We booked two standard rooms, one with cash, and the other with cash and points, and received adjoining Temple View Rooms.

How are the rooms?
We were quite comfortable and particularly appreciated the air conditioning, which worked great. Seoul is humid in June if you're accustomed to Southern California coastal weather. No complaints. Slept very well, enjoyed the view, enjoyed the local neighborhood, the mall, Bongeunsa (temple).

How is the exec. lounge?
Never tried it.

What was good and what was bad?
What was good? The staff was helpful and attentive, and took good care of us. We got the adjoining rooms we requested, which meant the kids had their space, and we had ours, and we didn't have to split the team to keep an eye on them. The beds were comfortable, the view was good, the A/C was strong, our super-picky youngest son was able to get the food he wanted in the mall. Our oldest enjoyed the gym and pool (competitive swimmer). We found an abundance of good restaurants in the mall and surrounding environs. The only thing that bothered me was the bidet seat on the toilet (an aftermarket thing, was uncomfortable), and the necessity that the room card be placed in a receptacle by the door in order to keep the lights and everything on.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
We'd return. We were able to use a Chase free night cert for one night, and I think we paid 35,000 IHG points/night for the other nights. That worked out to about $0.007 per point, so I was OK with that. We booked way in advance and I worked the cash rate down when the opportunity presented itself. I like this hotel very much.

Makkeoli (Korean rice wine)