FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bassinet swap causes angst for mother with triplets
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:35 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Not exactly clear if both sectors were downgraded or only HKG-DPS, judging the the small photo on the bottom of the screenshot you can see the hardshell economy seats, which are no longer used for long haul aircrafts..
Exactly. The picture in the bottom right is clearly not the plane that served the family from MAD.

Although CX really shouldn't be apologized for, even though I can't stand half-truths which I suspect is going on with that post the OP included (I'm quite skeptical they were forced downgraded MAD-HKG?! That would be a very serious issue, not to mention a serious refund and compensation owed. I suspect the poster is trying to get a little extra credit sympathy with friends by implying the lie, without saying it outright).

Yet even with just a DPS downgrade it's wrong. CX treats regional PEY like a joke, happy to swap on and off, leaving the curtains open when you do get it. The pricing unit for the regional PEY sector bundled with a long-haul ticket is often valued at nearly zero, so I can see why CX acts this way...I still think it's poor form and does CX no favors.