FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T Mobile Global data coverage
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:47 am
Majuki

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by RChavez
The calling though, does that include calls between included countries as well? When I was last with TMo $.20/min was the rate if I called within country, back home, or to another included country. If this is now included in the daily pass, this is a no brainer for me.
I don't have a direct data point, but calling between included countries when in an included country has historically been 20¢/minute. It's a bit strange if you don't otherwise have an international calling plan on your line because calls from the US to these same places would be considerably more expensive. One corner case is Wi-Fi calling while in an international location is billed at 25¢/minute, even if you have a stateside international calling plan. Wi-Fi calling should be considered like the call originated from the US, regardless of location.

Originally Posted by wco81
These US carriers are depending on their customers being unaware or unwilling to look into local SIMs.
I have never purchased an international data plan from T-Mobile, but I would if the need arises. In my case, it's convenience over having to search for a local SIM card. There are some locations where it's easy, and SIM cards are freely available from vending machines in airports, etc. However, if I'm only in a location for a few days and/or there might be a language or other barriers preventing a non-local getting a SIM card (Japan comes to mind), the data pass is the clear no hassle option. I can't even remember the hours I've wasted trying to get a foreign SIM card to connect and then being frustrated when the plan I was sold didn't measure up to what the salesperson at the store had told me and ultimately being unable to use the SIM card the second I crossed the border into the next country.