FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:50 am
carlitos

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by pdxuser
I wish someone would have mentioned how simple it is to buy VGCs with a CC at any of the two dozen grocery chains that Kroger owns, and to immediately buy money orders at those stores with with the VGCs.

​Kroger owns Baker's, City Market, Copps, Dillon's, Food 4 Less (not all owned by Kroger), Foods Co., Fred Meyer (grocery), Fry's (grocery), Gerbes, Harris Teeter, JayC, King Soopers, Kroger, Lucky's Market, Mariano's, Metro Market, Owen's, Pay Less (grocery), Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralph's, Roundy's, Ruler and Smith's.

VGCs up to $500 are $5.95, MOs were 79¢ at my store, reportedly with a limit of $1,999.99 in total MO purchases per day. Any Qs should go in the Kroger thread.
Good thing no one mentioned it to you. Why would I want to do that, if I can cross the street and get a MO at Wally with the VGC bought at Krogy for $0.68 without allowing Kroger to know the VGCs they sell are being cashed out at the same store. Been doing this for years, with my 5% cash back OBC capped now at $50K (ahh the good old days of un capped OBC