FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:41 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zozeppelin
Agree on all fronts. At minimum, in lieu of giving us points back directly, I think they'd like to stick us with a restricted points equivalent cert (total or nightly), but even that would be a pain to do (they'll have single night points certs and multi night cat certs, but not multi night points certs) and cause consternation if you get stuck with a dead cat (6, 8, 9). But not enough return and time to justify the CS and IT work in the midst of the merger.

What about TPs detached after Aug18? I assume that can not be points refund, otherwise I think a lot of people would drop their reservations and book less nights at the same property, probably 5, and save the remainder for later. Happy to be wrong there.
I already have 2 Cat 5 floating.

The difference is 30K, not enough for us to gamble should the floater certs not be able to book the Cat 4. We need that 7 nights AND probably another 7 nights as we would be in the city for 2 weeks based on current tickets In any case the first 7 days are not going to change with the second 7 days may see some changes, depending on what I will see before Aug 24 - the last day to exercise the one shot free change of the tickets.