FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Husband, 10 & 12 year old daughters kicked off flight and abandoned in Rome
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:15 pm
YVRYEGYVR

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
that was a lot to skim through..

I agree, a child of 10 may have difficulty putting their bag up.

Ideal situation was mentioned: OP tells kid to just wait 30sec and he does it.

What about those two pax in between, if it were me, I would toss the bag up, smile, and think about how great I am to have avoided OPs need to write a letter and get influencer agency involved.

FA Definitely not having the best day.

I was quite surprised to see that pax had to be removed from the flight, that definitely seems overkill. I do feel with what happened to OP afterwards wrt booking and not getting on an appropriate flight- and maybe that part of the story may merit some attention/compensation.

Good on FT member to highlight description of FA role which does describe (and one would expect it to include) helping get luggage overhead.

FAs should play tetris in the overhead to get everything in and I think should take pride in doing so. Helping a little girl get a bag up does not constitute above and beyond service imo.

Agree, while FAs have a major role in patient safety and may see their job in this vein, the face of their role is definitely customer service, and they must excel at it to appease 200 people in a sardine can.

This is one of those cases where everyone can share a little bit of the blame, and OP most definitely the most for causing this to spiral out of control.

Should OP have asked for contact info from adjacent pax prior to deboarding? Is that ever done? Like at a traffic accident- much of the supportive evidence can shape the final outcome.

Definitely an expensive lesson for OP, and the letter was terrible.