FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Husband, 10 & 12 year old daughters kicked off flight and abandoned in Rome
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:45 pm
mats184

Programs: BA Silver, Eurobonus Gold
Everybody, OP:

I work as as purchasing manager at at a medium firm. Last week a person asked me if I could hold the door for him as he removed a chair from the workplace.
Obviously according to FT I should have told him to stuff it as it is not in my job description. Needless to say: I helped him and survived!

I just have one comment to this case as I have a degree in contact law, if AC and all other airlines advertise with their 'magnificent staff', helpfulness, service levels or similar than clearly the cabin crew are not only there for safety. I know that it is said their job is safety related, not service, but is it really? Then airlines should stop advertising and start hiring marshals without any service.

Of course there is two sides to this story and the OP could have been more nasty to staff than in his post. Things happen and gets heated. It is a bit childish, but also understandable.

The cabin crew should have helped or at least handled the situation better. The treatment after the incident is also sub par.