FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:05 pm
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Wow, a pretty pathetic business to deal with, I feel sorry for folks who actually have to endure this sort of service on a regular basis.

We're in Spain now enjoying the beaches and the wine/food so I can hardly be bothered by this, but here is the state of things for the five of us. Three of five accounts were deleted on the day they were created and so not eligible for the bonuses. No real explanation from them here, so I have decided to retain 3 of the tickets booked out for these 3 family members of necessity (fares have since gone up and/or no other direct flights) and am in the process of cancelling 2 others that I will book on some other carrier. One account has been in limbo between two departments at Iberia, each of which has a different position. One group seems to have cancelled that account recently due to claiming it was the same email address used as mine. When I pointed out that there was nothing to prohibit that, just like sharing an address or phone number among spouses, they relented but another person then wrote back and claimed that my wife's passport info doesnt match what was in her Iberia Plus account and that is why the account was cancelled. That is a lie, plain and simple. Another department has already sent an email saying she is eligible for the bonus avios and should get them soon. Only problem is that without an account anymore, that is unlikely to happen. We're in Iberia business class to Athens next week, I need to make sure we all drink the plan dry and try to recoup what is owed us ;-) My account, no different from the others and all the same flights booked, got all the bonuses. Consistency... what I like to see in an airline.

Done with this and will think twice about buying IB tickets in the future.