FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Announcement: SPG and Marriott Programs to Merge on August 18th
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:38 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by tcdtcd

Are you sure on this? Every Marriott/SPG agent I've talked to (3 or 4 in last week) and everything I read on both websites says 50 nights in 2018, from either program or combined, gets you Platinum for 2019 and counts as a Plat consecutive year for LT. True?
It's what i recall. Heaven only knows if it is what will be implemented. But it does make sense given it's a first-year-only problem and I can't see them putting a lot of effort into programing. IF you're able to hold off, then I'd say that's a smart thing to do. Also, who's to say that if you leave the accounts separated, and get to 50 and/or 75 in one or both after the 18th, you'd have the choice to select SNAs and maybe even hit 25 SNAs! Ten with SPG 50 nights before 7/27, another 5 at 75 SPG account nights and 5 each at 50 & 75 MR account nights. And you don't even have to keep the properties separated, just book under the different accounts.