FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:32 am
MichielR

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by frontenac551
I've read through the thread (well the first few and last few pages) and still confused. Mainly because I've not transited FRA before so not sure of where I'm arriving/leaving. I am coming in on LH in F from US (so, non-Schengen) and departing on LH in J to Switzerland (so, Schengen). I have a three hour connection (early morning - roughly 6am to 9am). I think I arrive at Z and depart either A or B (looked back a few days and mainly B, but occasionally A).

Good to head to FCT? Or just stick with FCL? If it matters, it will be a Tuesday morning. I head straight to work on arrival, so will need a shower and some breakfast while at FRA.
The FCL at A is what would be easiest, only passport control after Z arrival going into A. However, there are often queues at the FCL A showers during the morning hours so the FCT might be a good alternative. I’d try FCL A first and if you have to wait for the showers just turn around and walk to the FCT. It will require an additional security check albeit a very civilized one and guarantee a car to your connecting flight, though if you’re on LH to GVA you will have 90% chance of a car from FCL A IME.