FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Milan + Turin or Just Lisbon for 2 full days
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:03 pm
LeoNYC10

Question Milan + Turin or Just Lisbon for 2 full days

Would like to escape to Europe from New York for a long weekend in late October. Can only spend 2 full days there. So flying out on Thursday night. Back to New York on Sunday morning.

Narrowed down my choices to Milan (because of the convenient and well priced direct flights from New York, including on Emirates) and Lisbon.

I am aware that there is not that much to see in Milan itself (and I don't care at all about shopping). So plan to spend 1 full day in Turin during my 2nd day there (a fast train from Milan to Turin takes just 1 hour). Because of this I would only be in the city centers (Milan and Turin) - no time for the side trips to the lakes.

Another option is Lisbon. The downside is that the flights (surprising) are much more expensive, even though on a whole Lisbon is known as a cheaper destination. Maybe because it's popular now, all the convenient flights are close to a $1000 round trip in economy.

But because the food and everything else is cheaper perhaps it will be the same total cost in the end.

What I am looking for is just the European charm, coffee shops, walking streets, old, beautiful buildings, squares with people and cafes, etc. (love good coffee). Not much into museums and shopping. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.