FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:14 pm
danger

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by lalala
Spending a few nights here after Bank Holiday weekend and really appreciate the hotel reaching out and asking me to fill out a form about my likes and dislikes. I'm usually here with TH, who takes care of the reservations and comms with the hotel.

Does anyone know if they still have REN toiletries? I did love those.

lalala
I just looked them up on the net for some images and, yes, I believe they were the ones I received on a stay a few days ago.

Like you I also received an advance survey. The 'Tell us a quirky fact about you' is a bit odd and they didn't really seem to deliver anything complimentary to it. I booked an entry level room for GBP184+ and was upgraded to a king suite with a proper, separate bedroom. The room was large and included a separate tub, two large televisions, a working desk, dining table with a couple of chairs and plenty of closet space. The minibar was a little better than the pitiful offering at 5th Avenue but not by much.

The gym is open to public membership (limited numbers, I think) so it's better than your usual hotel gym. I can't remember the last time I was in a hotel gym with a bench press and a squat rack! I had drinks in the bar on the lobby level (not facing Liverpool St) one evening and it was decent although there are no beers on tap. Location is of course outstanding if Liverpool St station is your go-to transit option. A full breakfast was provided in the restaurant. I was given a menu and ordered an item. After I ate that I was asked if I wanted something else so that was nice. I thought the quality was fine.

I don't really get the Andaz evening drinks thing, nor this idea that hotel staff don't wear uniforms. The latter I could handle better if they wore name badges. The drinks in the lobby were one red and one white with some canapes. But there's hardly anywhere to sit and enjoy your drink. Perhaps you're only supposed to have one and move on.

One thing I noticed at this hotel and a couple of other places in the UK is this 12/12.5% service charge that's added to bills without a word. Forced tipping is poor form.