FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by JMBResona
Exactly! Although if I didn't have stays at the Hilton Odaiba/Conrad Tokyo coming up in early August, I would've liked to wait to do the status match until the program change occurred.

Who knows, if Hilton are matching current SPG Golds to Hilton Gold, maybe they would've matched me to Hilton Diamond after August 18 as a new-ly minted (devalued) Marriott Platinum! But alas...
I will say this about Hilton properties, their breakfast leaves much to be desired in comparison to Marriott breakfasts at the lounge/restaurant. So far I've stayed at several Hiltons & HGI's and found their continental breakfast to be around the same quality as a Best Western. I've stayed at several Marriotts & JW's as a Gold and found both the quantity and quality of items were far superior to the point where I left the Executive Lounge feeling satisfied. If ever I could hit Platinum without having to stay that often at a Marriott I would do it in a heartbeat!

Safe Travels,

James