FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The ultimate EK J class experience - you will not believe this :confused:
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:31 pm
Andreaswil

Programs: EK Platinum
The ultimate EK J class experience - you will not believe this :confused:

Hi all,

i am flying since about 7 years with EK regularly (EK Gold). With FZ twice a week.

Though you guys might be interested what I experienced during the KBL-DXB flight this week on EK. They send a 777 2 Class configuration.

I was one of the last people boarding this flight and had to use the washroom. My suit jacket I left on the chair beside me (2B) with my boarding pass on top so the crew could hang it.

We were 35 in J. Beside me was nobody. When I came from the washroom the jacket was gone. So I thought they took it.

The blanket in the plastic foil still packed I put beside my feet under the window half between the fuselage and the seat. The crewmember after the security briefing walked by and said stressed out. “excuse me put that blanket from the floor” and walked off.

I was surprised about that. But didn’t take t seriously. After departure the purser came and said hi, welcome.

Ca 10 min later everyone got their drink. I was ignored. The crew seemed to be in stress. Running back and forth. Another 10 min later meal service started. People around me got their tray cover. After a few min I was able to catch someone. I told her that nobody asked me for drink or food. She said:”what you want?” I said: prawns and then lamb please”. She said oh i think you was one of the last people boarding. ok.” 5 min later she came with the food. On her way back I asked her : can I have a water with ice and lemon please? She went and brought it 10 min later. She handed Over the Glas to me so far that I could hardly reach it. Not looked at me, nothing. And then she run away. I started to feel really uncomfortable.

Sitting close to the galley I could onserve the panic everyone was in. Never saw this in all those years. It was super chaos. I myself felt also stressed out. 25 min passed when the purser came by with wine. I asked him if they were short today by a crew member or why everyone is so much in panic.

He tome me that no all is fine. Then i told him that I don’t believe so as everyone finished the dinner but I was wondering where the breadbasket would be as nobody came around with it. He left me without any comment and 10 min (ca 25 min after the food was served and everyone finished eating) someone came around with the bread basket.

After further 10 min the crew started to collect the trays. (Yes in J we got trays with the coffee mug and sugar already on it). When the crew member came to collect mine I told her that I would like to get the cheese platter. She goes:” do you want to take your cutlery so you can use it with the cheese platter?” Me surprised: “Normally the cheese platter comes with fresh cutlery”. She stressed out took the tray and went without further comment.

They guy on 2 C beside me ordered a refill of his red wine with the cheese platter. Please see the picture enclosed how she filled up the glass. I was really shocked.

Before landing and after the seatbelt sign illuminated again panic. Running around telling people to up their seat etc.

After arriving at the gate I stood up to look for my suit jacket as nobody brought it. Only to find it on seat 3B behind me. The crew member before departure took it and put in on seat 3B instead of hanging it. I was really upset.
What happens then is a perfect example for the whole flight. After landing (flight time: 2:20 hrs) the purser said: welcome in Dubai where the local fjne is 07:45 pm........pause pause pause . ohh. 06:45 pm.

I love flying also with EK but never i wished the flight to just be over as fast as possible like on that day.

Purser said he is 15 years with EK. Didn’t feel like it. All was simply out of control.

Horrible.

Wine glass after it was refilled by EK crew :-)) the guy needed to really focus when he took the first sip to not have the red wine all over him

Last edited by Andreaswil; Aug 2, 2018 at 5:40 pm