FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Highest UA comp'ed status now Marriott Gold}
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by tcp1
Being August now, has anyone seen this happen? My Marriott account is still showing Gold. Got my RewardsPlus renewal email in February as a 1K.
August 18 is listed as the official conversion date for Marriott so you should see the benefits from that date onwards.

Good to see they're doing the right thing and keeping us at Platinum till end of January as I have several stays booked at SPMarriott properties in the coming months. However, I'm bummed out about getting merely Gold in the new SPMarriott program as I really made use of the 4 PM and lounge/breakfast benefit at JW's & Marriotts. This makes it equally difficult for myself as an HHonours Gold (through 2020) since I'm more or less guaranteed Comp'd breakfast as a YourChoice reward (but don't have the guaranteed late check out). Pricing being equal and supposing I don't have a need for late checkout I'll probably opt for Hilton now to retain Gold status through 2021 (only need 20 nights @ Hilton to get the status supposing you are like me and ensure you never stay at the same Hilton twice ).

Safe Travels,

James